The Hanhikivi 1 project never compromises on occupational safety, as everyone has the right to a safe and healthy work environment. We follow well-established and proven procedures in occupational safety management and the principles of continuous improvement.
|140||Days without lost-time accidents|
|692||Our record in days without lost-time accidents|
|6||Lost-time accidents in the last 12 months|
|6.71||Lost time accidents per one million working hours in last 12 months (LTIFR)|
|3 528 971||Hours worked from the beginning of the project|
Careful identification of occupational safety risks, preventive measures, and training are essential in creating a safe working environment for all employees. Therefore, occupational safety in the Hanhikivi 1 project area is taken care of in cooperation and in accordance with certified occupational safety management systems:
- Fennovoima's occupational safety management system complies with the ISO 45001 occupational safety standard. It covers Fennovoima's operations in Salmisaari and Pyhäjoki, as well as all of Fennovoima's operations in the Hanhikivi 1 project area.
- The occupational safety management system of RAOS Project's Hanhikivi 1 project area complies with the ISO 45001 standard.
- The occupational safety management system of the main contractor Titan-2 is certified per the OHSAS 18001 standard.
Each of the actors is responsible for the compliance of the activities of their own project area. In addition, Fennovoima monitors the entire Hanhikivi 1 project area.
Effective risk management prevents accidents
We comprehensively assess occupational safety risks in the entire project area several times a year. In addition, all contractors working in the project area also follow a comprehensive risk assessment and management procedure.
Central identified occupational safety risks in the project area include:
- working at height
- the flow of information between different actors and
- working in winter conditions.
Identified risks and best practices to avoid them are communicated to all contractors and builders on site. Everyone working in the Hanhikivi 1 project has the right to refuse to perform unsafe work.
We ensure that everyone working at the Hanhikivi 1 site has adequate knowledge and skills of the correct working methods and safety practices, and that everyone working on the construction site uses the required personal protective equipment.